Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jana: Turkey Crescent Rolls

When I was a kid, my mom saw this Turkey & Cranberry Ring recipe at a Pampered Chef party and adapted it to her picky eaters... aka no mayo, mustard, cranberries, or cheese.

Inspired by the combination of refrigerated crescents and deli turkey, I have put together my own combo that allows picky eaters to thrive... each crescent can be made to order.

Also, I recently had an aha! moment that makes this meal even more efficient... Rob loves fancy Muenster cheese, but he could never finish eating the whole package before it became a science project in the fridge. Solution: stop by the deli and ask them to slice just 3 or 4 slices of the gourmet stuff. I pay about $1.50 for the quarter-pound, and there's not enough left over to spoil and waste.


Turkey Crescent Rolls
Time: 10 minutes prep, 12-15 in the oven
Serves: 2... I serve myself 3 rolls, while Rob gets 5
Ingredients:
  • 1 package of crescent rolls (I've found that the Big and Flaky kind taste the best, but this time I used the Reduced Fat ones)
  • 1/2 lb of deli meat (we prefer Cajun turkey because it gives it a little kick)
  • 3-4 slices of cheese (Rob prefers Muenster... I prefer none!)
  • Any other sandwich toppings you might like
Directions:
Unroll crescent roll dough. Place a triangular slice of cheese (if you're into that sort of thing), a handful of shaved deli meat, and any other toppings of the widest part of the dough. 

Roll up the triangle as you would regular crescent rolls, making sure that the filling stays tucked inside.

Bake in the oven as directed on the package... maybe a minute or two more to prevent the dough from being uncooked in the middle.


As you can see, tonight I paired the turkey crescent rolls with lima beans and baked sweet potato fries. Yum!!


1 comment:

  1. Yep, another one of my favorite that I haven't cooked in a while.

    ReplyDelete