Friday, February 8, 2013

Jana: Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia

Here's another "not-so-fishy" fish recipe that has become a favorite around here. [Here's another.] This one has been a hit from Day One. And, it's so quick... perfect for a week night.


Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia
[adapted from Martha Stewart]

Time: 10 minutes prep, 15 minutes on the stove
Servings: 2, or more with additional filets

Ingredients:
  • 2 frozen tilapia filets
  • 1/3 cup of white cornmeal
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Salsa, for garnish
Directions:
Mix the cornmeal and spices in a shallow bowl. Dredge each filet, making sure that each side is covered well.

Heat oil in pan. Cook filets in oil until golden brown... about 3-4 minutes on each side.

Top with a dollop of salsa, and serve.


Tonight we paired it with fire-roasted corn and "spicy" beans... I had planned to use black beans, but we were out, and I had to make do with pintos.

2 comments:

  1. Yum---that looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try that one this week--I have some tilapia in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday night, I made the tilapia--only I substituted Panko bread crumbs for the cornmeal because I already had it on hand. YUMMY and so quick and easy!!

    ReplyDelete