Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jana: Banana Crumb Muffins

So we're stuck inside in the historic snow/icestorm of 2011, and I thought this is a perfect time for my next recipe. I know that I probably should use eggs as my MAIN ingredient; however, I feel proud that I'm cooking anything at all. Much less banana nut muffins without Betty Crocker!

Given the success of my last recipe, I went looking to BigOven again, and found this recipe for Banana Crumb Muffins.

We had bananas frozen in the freezer, which I used rather than fresh ones. And, Rob and I go "nuts" for nuts, so I decided to throw a good bit (about 1/3 cup) of chopped walnuts into the mix before pouring into the muffin pans.

The result was quite yummy. My mix made 15 big muffins, perfect for a stranded day. We ate them for a snack, for dinner, and a late night snack while the BCS Championship was on. Rob's response, "this is awesome. Why didn't you girls start this project years ago?"

Here's the recipe:

Props to anyone who can figure out the other similarity (besides eggs) between this recipe and and my previous one... anyone...?

4 comments:

  1. Yay Callie!! Apparently I like crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it right too! Except I was going to say crusty. I think crumby may sound a little better.

    ReplyDelete