Saturday, September 22, 2012

Jana: Cilantro Lime Rice

After years of instant rice, I think I've finally perfected the non-instant kind. And, I've figured out how to spice up my rice recipe to match the flavors of the rest of the meal!

One of my favorite versions pairs nicely with a Mexican meal. The original recipe called it a copycat recipe of Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice; however, my adapted version doesn't taste exactly like that. Dare I say... I actually think it's yummier.


Cilantro Lime Rice
  • 1 tsp of olive oil
  • 1 lime or 1/2 cup of lime juice
  • 2 tbsp of fresh minced cilantro
  • 1 cup of jasmine rice
  • 1 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
Pour olive oil and lime juice in a sauce pan.
Mix rice with the oil and juice... I think that this step is the key! (Sometimes I let the rice "marinate" for over an hour, depending on how long it takes Rob to get home.)
Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.
At boiling, lower temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in the minced cilantro. Let sit for at least five minutes.
Serve and enjoy!


This week we served the rice with chicken flautas and black beans. You really can't go wrong with such an easy and delicious weeknight meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment